Academy of Medical Royal Colleges Wales
The Academy of Medical Royal Colleges Wales’ response to the Parliamentary Review of Health and Social Care.
The Academy of Medical Royal College Wales (AMRCW) welcomes the recent publication of the Parliamentary Review of Health and Social Care. The Colleges strongly believe that all four elements of the quadruple aim should be considered and equally valued. The AMRCW would agree with the need for a greater emphasis to be placed on creating a health and care system which ensures the effective leadership, appropriate management, engagement and well-being of its employees. We see this as a key element to the future recruitment and retention agenda to enable the delivery of a sustainable single and improved health and social care system in Wales. We would suggest Emotional Intelligence and Resilience Training together with appointments of ‘Freedom to speak up Guardians’ as initial steps.
We would recommend that Welsh Government take this forward when developing its NHS Health and Social Care Plan.
- The Academy of Medical Royal Colleges Wales (Wales Academy) brings together the voices of its member Colleges and Faculties for overarching generic issues around healthcare.
- The Wales Academy role is to promote, facilitate and at times, coordinate the work of the Medical Royal Colleges and their Faculties for the benefit of patients and healthcare in Wales.
- The Wales Academy is an independent committee accountable to the Academy of Medical Royal
- Colleges (AoMRC) board of trustees. We aim to work collaboratively with the AoMRC and be the Welsh voice within that but responding to the unique needs and systems of Wales.
- For more information contact Helen Britton, Operational Manager on 07724733278 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Royal College of Surgeons of England Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Royal College of Pathologists Royal College of Radiologists
Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists Royal College of Anaesthetists
Royal College of General Practitioners Royal College of Ophthalmologists
Faculty of Dental Surgery Faculty of Public Health